Budget Amendment - Health Department Revenue Increase
1. Recognize, receive and appropriate an increase in revenue in the amount of $9,348 from Smart Start/Vanguard Grant
2. Recognize, receive and appropriate a net increase in revenue in the amount of $74,119 (The net increase is to reflect actual state, federal, and other funding changes.)
3. Recognize, receive and appropriate an increase in revenue in the amount of $50,000 from State Allocations for local public health capacity building
Staff Contact: Marcus Plescia, MD, Health Director
1. Smart Start of Mecklenburg was awarded a grant from the Vanguard Foundation to fund the expansion of the Healthy Families Mecklenburg program. The final awarded amount is $113,698 an adjustment of $9,348 in revenue.
2. During the fiscal year, the Health Department receives notification of modified funding for programs within the department from NC Division of Public Health. The increase of state and federal allocations is $74,119.
3. The additional $50,000 state revenue will be used to enhance the Healthy Corner Store Initiative. This Initiative, based upon national best practice models, is to address food access in high priority areas. The additional funds will provide the stores in the public health priority areas with enhancements such as permanent signage and marketing to the surrounding neighbors.
There is no impact on County funding. This adjustment is an increase of $59,801 in state revenue and expense, an increase of $64,318 in federal revenue and expense, and a net increase of $9,348 in other funding revenue and expense.